Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Go for souls, and go for the worst!


Welcome to our new Reach Central America blog.   It has been a long time since I've done any kind of blogging, but it seems like it will be easier to keep track of everything, and I can update smaller, more frequent updates.  I'll be putting these updates on Facebook as well, but this can serve for those who don't like or use Facebook!

As for my first post here, I put William Booth's quote as my title because I believe it is most fitting of what God wants to do around the world.  I love going to church and participating in the services, but one of my favorite things in the world is to go out on the streets and win souls in the places nobody else likes to go.

In the past week, while Karmy is still recuperating from giving birth, I have been going out to these three bars behind the main supermarket here in Volcan.  I don't go in or drink anything of course, but outside there are always people standing around drinking.  So I go hang out with them and talk to them about Jesus.

A couple of days ago I was speaking with a man named Marcos, and he was waiting for a bus to come pick him up and take him to another city.  So I asked him,

"If you were to go get on that bus, and it wrecked, and you died, where do you think you would go?"

He said, "I would go to hell, because I don't follow God."

"Does that not bother you?" I asked.

"Of course!" he replied.  "Actually, there are nights I can even sleep thinking about it."

"Well, don't you think you should do something about that?" I asked.

"I guess I should."

"It seems to me like this is as good a time as any for you to give your life to Jesus so you can get a good night's sleep."

He agreed and stood up and we prayed together as he gave his life to Jesus.

What I have always found amazing is how the Holy Spirit is often working in people's lives long before we ever get to them.  The problem is that sometimes we never arrive because of fear or laziness.  We have to overcome that flesh and get out there so people like Marcos can receive some peace!

2 comments:

  1. This needs a facebook button so I can like it for facebook. :)--- Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will get to work on that. I think I can get one up tomorrow!

      Delete